Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas Steps

Mogwai is one of my favorite bands, and I've recently been revisting their albums, mostly due to seeing this video of the song "Christmas Steps." I have yet to see them live, and I hope they tour the U.S. again sometime. They actually use dynamics in their music, and just when you think they can't get any louder, the amps hit 11 (Nigel Tufnel would really like this song).  Also, one of their songs is entitled "Kids Will Be Skeletons," which is pretty nice and dark yet funny.



So I made a top 13 list of my favorite Mogwai songs:

13. Secret Pint
12. Acid Food
11. Sine Wave
10. Stanley Kubrick
9. Tracy
8. Glasgow Mega Snake
7. Friend of the Night
6. Hunted by a Freak
5. Small Children in the Background
4. Rage: Man
3. Travel Is Dangerous
2. Christmas Steps
1. Ratts of the Capital

I'm probably forgetting one, and you might be thinking, "What?! No 'Like Herod' or 'Mogwai Fear Satan'?" Yes, I like those songs, but they don't make the list for me.

No comments: