Monday, December 24, 2007

the radiator hums

Merry Christmas! I just got done playing WOW and Beth is watching a Harry Potter movie. Life is good. We have a critter in our wall, and it is unclear whether it is dying or flourishing. Every time I use the john, I give the wall a little tap and imagine that every little scratch is a feral attempt at wishing us holiday cheer.

My brother gave me Boys in the Hood on dvd for Christmas, so I don't think I really need anything else. I like Cuba Gooding Jr. There I said it. I love it anytime he freaks out on screen (see Rat Race and that Hanes commercial with Michael Jordan).

We also got a hard copy of Pinback's Autumn of the Seraphs for Christmas, so I could finally look at the lyric sheet to see whether Rob sings "cut the cheese too deep" or not. I found out he says "chase" and not "cheese" much to my disappointment.

The weather outside is gelid (frightful), so I recommend staying inside and watching a dvd copy of Boys in the Hood or Akeelah and the Bee (see Michael Showalter).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah man it is really snowing up here in Sterling. I agree with BITH movie is really all you need for christmas. Screw your two front teeth. I'm glad you figured out if Pinback said "cut the cheese" or something completely different. Believe it or not, I was considering writing them off and never listening to them again if it was "cut the cheese." Kidding, you know I love me some Pinback.